Tap into the power of being appreciative.
Express Your Gratitude
1. Select two friends or family members whom you are grateful for.
2. Write an email to each person, describing in detail why you’re grateful for them.
You can keep the emails brief (3 to 4 sentences), although it’s great to mention specific events.
Here are a few examples from our community:
I am grateful for having you in my life because…
- You listen and don’t judge, no matter the circumstances.
- You like me for my true self and have always been there for me. I’ll never forget that time when…
- You are a kind and giving soul, as evidenced by…
Expressing your gratitude to someone not only strengthens your relationship with them, but it also allows you to see how lucky you are to have this person in your life.
Human connection is one of the most positive aspects of a healthy and happy life.
The relationships you create and keep are an emblem of your kindness and ability to love.