Tap into the power of being appreciative.
Write a Grateful List
1. Take 3 minutes to write a list of things you are grateful for today.
Start with the most simple things – the ones many people take for granted.
- I am grateful for having a roof over my head.
- I am thankful for having access to electricity and clean drinking water.
- I am grateful for my friends and family.
- I am blessed to be in good health.
2. Place this list by your bed.
3. Read your Grateful List before you go to bed and again when you wake up tomorrow.
You get stressed out from work. Someone yells at you. You hurt a loved one. You do poorly on a project.
One of the things that can make a bad day much better is reminding yourself of all the things you are grateful for.
There are always things to be thankful for — loved ones, health, a steady job, a roof over your head, the privilege of experiencing life, and so much more.