Simplify Your Life
Clear away distractions and focus on the essential.
Day 1 – Aligning Your Actions with Your Values
1. Make a list of your top 5 most important things.
As a starting point, think about:
- What is most important to you.
- What things in life you value most.
- What things you want to do most in your life.
- I want to travel the world.
- I want to own my own business.
- I want to be a millionaire.
- I want to help others.
- I want my family to be my first priority.
2. Now make a list of all of the commitments you have going on in your life.
- Social activities
- Volunteer work
Assess which of these give you value and which you are doing just to fill your time.
3. Compare the two lists.
Notice which of those activities are in alignment with the top 5 most important things in your life.
4. Drop the activities that do not relate to the first list.
We tend to often overload ourselves with tasks, commitments, and responsibilities that leave us feeling like we are drowning in a sea that is our own life. Evaluate what is most important to you. By simplifying your life down to those things, it allows you to make more room in your life for what’s important.
It is also beneficial to not only think about what is most important to you, but also why. Knowing why you value certain things over others allows you to exercise a degree of control over your choices and your life. As you start to wean out the things in your life that are not so important to you, you create more time for those that are.